What Are the Benefits of PRP for Hair Restoration?
Whether you’re experiencing hairline receding, thinning, or balding, PRP treatment may be your solution for hair restoration.
PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma, a serum that maximizes the natural healing power of your blood. PRP hair restoration involves processing a small amount of your blood to concentrate the platelets, producing a highly-potent serum. This serum helps dormant hair follicles begin a new, healthy growth cycle while rejuvenating the hair roots.
If you’re considering the treatment, here are some of the benefits of PRP for hair restoration to help make your decision easier!
PRP can independently restore hair
PRP as an independent hair treatment is most effective for those with no bald patches and whose hair roots are still alive. The non-invasive technique requires no incisions, and because the treatment uses your biological material, it is also a non-allergenic process.
As an independent treatment, PRP restores hair in the following ways:
- Strengthens and protects existing hair from thinning
- Increases the existing hair’s diameter
- Reduced hair loss as early as one month following treatment
- Less dandruff on the scalp
- Increases hair density and darkness for a fuller appearance
PRP can be paired with hair transplantation
Another benefit of PRP therapy is that it complements hair transplantation procedures. PRP has the following benefits when paired with transplantation:
- Decreases surgical site and post-op sensitivity
- Produces fresh collagen to aid the healing process and avoid complications
- Promotes and accelerates the adhesion of transplanted hair grafts
- Reduces post-op redness
- Faster wound healing
- Increased tissue regeneration
- Reduced transplanted hair loss
- Quicker and more visible results due to the regeneration of the transplanted hair follicles
PRP gives non-invasive, natural results
PRP injections are a convenient, in-office treatment that is noninvasive and requires minimal recovery. Treatment with PRP is virtually undetectable, making the resulting hair restoration look natural. Because injections cause few side effects, minor bruising or redness at the injection site resolves within a few days of treatment and is easily concealed in the hair.
PRP therapy for hair loss addresses the root cause of your issues by stimulating the inactive hair follicles to promote hair growth now and in the long term. Since the treatment is entirely customizable, your results will look natural because all your hair is growing.
PRP is for nearly anyone needing hair restoration
Because PRP for hair restoration is such a versatile treatment, many different people are likely candidates. PRP hair restoration is ideal for those who:
- Have hair that’s beginning to thin out
- Are trying to minimize hair loss
- Recently got a hair transplant and want to maximize their results
- Want to restore and revitalize their scalp
Restore your hair naturally with Skin MatRX’s Pure PRP
At Skin MatRX, our Pure PRP treatment uses the industry’s leading PRP double-spin technique. This technique ensures that all platelets, plasma, and white blood cells are collected at their highest concentration and prepared for injection at thinning sites to ensure maximum results.
Our hand-picked team of surgeons and aestheticians pair an artist’s eye with attention to detail when bringing you the most effective and scientifically-advanced treatments. If you want to stop your hair loss from progressing while restoring a more youthful and vibrant appearance, contact us today to schedule a consultation for PRP hair restoration at our luxury spa.